This is an informational website so you will not experience any ads, social media, popups or other distractions.
I write all the articles. My lifelong interest in Chinese culture began with a college course in Chinese art history.
I lived in Asia for 13 years:
- 7 years in China
- 4 years in Taiwan
- 2 years in South Korea
I studied Chinese at:
- Peking University in Beijing, China
- Taiwan National Normal University in Taipei, Taiwan
- University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona
I learned Korean as a Peace Corps volunteer working in a tuberculosis control project on Jeju Island in South Korea.
My education degrees include:
- BA in History from Washington University in St. Louis
- MBA from the University of Arizona
I am retired now but worked in a number of interesting positions over the years including:
- Stringer at the Beijing Bureau of a large international news organization
- Worked on telecommunication projects in China for a large conglomerate based in Thailand
- Regional Director of Sales for a manufacturer of military communications equipment in California
- Disaster Specialist for the American Red Cross in Arizona
I collected U.S. coins as a young boy. My Chinese and Korean coins and charms were collected while living in Asia.
My other hobbies include amateur radio (call sign: AF7M), motorcycles, and photography.
I am a volunteer (docent) at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and was previously a volunteer (docent) at the Pima Air & Space Museum.
Finally, this is a personal website and in my spare time I write articles based on subjects I find interesting. If you find any of the articles worth reading then that makes my efforts even more gratifying.
Thanks for visiting!